Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Hurricane "Mike"
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hurricane "Mike" (Read 160 times)
dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Hurricane "Mike"
10/10/18 at 14:16:41
Print Post  
Maybe the whole TV crew will be washed out to sea!  We really do not need the live demo; some of us remember looking up in the northern eye wall of Andrew; first hand look at what a tornado looks like from inside.

Wow, it's getting windy up there in Andrew Jr.:
https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/Potentially-Catastrophic-Hurricane-Michael-Nea...

IP Logged

Gabriele
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Hurricane "Mike"
Reply #1 - 10/10/18 at 15:29:49
Print Post  
I wonder how many people didn't evacuate because they don't believe the weather channel anymore. Prayers for all in the path.

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 10/10/18 at 15:41:31
Print Post  
Gabriele wrote on 10/10/18 at 15:29:49:
I wonder how many people didn't evacuate because they don't believe the weather channel anymore. Prayers for all in the path.

while remembering the effects of Katrina on the Mississippi coast it would not surprise me if the aftermath of the Michael looked the same.  Mayne approaching the aftermath of Andrew. More deaths too.

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 10/12/18 at 09:55:50
Print Post  
Seeing TV videos of the damages in the panhandle reminds me of hurricane Andrew that morning as we saw first light; wind damages are one thing, but given the compressibility of water the surge is flat out   Lips Sealed  Looking at some of the barrier islands up there and where they were with respect to the eye wall, they must be totally wiped out.  It's hard to tell from TV news videos of the destruction, it appears on par with Andrew; as we were right under the north eye wall that morning.  If younger I would drive up and help, but his old body would only be in the way.

A few days after the storm I drove out to work to find our station was really messed up.  Our 18-meter dish was pointed down!  See this in this file: http://www.alpo-astronomy.org/jbeish/RADIO_DISH.pdf

IP Logged

ZeWazir
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 10/13/18 at 01:17:00
Print Post  
Gabriele wrote on 10/10/18 at 15:29:49:

I wonder how many people did not evacuate because they DID believe the forecasts?

When I went to bed Wednesday, the last I'd heard is it would hit as a weak 3 sometime late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning.  Tuesday's reports had it hitting as a cat 2.  Instead, it slowed, grew in strength to just a couple MHP shy of a cat 5, and hit Thursday afternoon. And not a lot of time to change your mind if you made your decision base on expecting a cat 2.

My little sister weathered a cat 2 a number of years ago.  They needed lots of new shingles, and a bit of siding repair, but otherwise the damage was not all that much.

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 10/13/18 at 07:41:00
Print Post  
Well, it didn't take long for the NYT and other units of Pravda to start crying about lack of support in the Florida Panhandle.  Soon we'll hear about how Trump is not sending food and water fast enough, the whole gambit of BS like they blamed him for the PR storms and lack of support. Or how Trump magically commanded and steered all those hurricanes to places where blacks and Latinos lived.  Makes me puke.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Hurricane "Mike"

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias