Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › If I Were President
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) If I Were President (Read 3,532 times)
Obilivious Maxinus
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: If I Were President
Reply #10 - 10/17/18 at 15:47:42
Print Post  
Dayton 3:
We value all opinions on CF. Your post was a bit long but well written and you did get your thoughts across.
Citizens come up with some great ideas but our elected officials refuse to give many of them a chance.
As for me, I go with 4 specific ideas. My " must do's" to save what's left of the republic.
1. Rebuild our shattered military. Training real fighting men cannot be done overnight. Neither can building ships.
2. Stop almost ALL immigration for at least 10 years. Let in only the best of the best.
3. Deport illegal aliens, remove all incentives from more to come here, stop chain migration laws, amnesty and anything else drawing them in.
4. Make the USA energy independent.  We have oceans of oil and some of the cleanest coal in the world.
If we lose our country everything else is irreverent.

IP Logged

muffin
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #11 - 10/17/18 at 16:24:20
Print Post  
oldcoot wrote on 10/17/18 at 14:16:37:
What I want to know is, most of us are restricted to 4000 characters.
How did this guy run WAY over that?

….cut and paste

Tomorrow is promised to no one.

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #12 - 10/17/18 at 17:07:42
Print Post  
oldcoot wrote on 10/17/18 at 14:16:37:
What I want to know is, most of us are restricted to 4000 characters.
How did this guy run WAY over that?

9 thou with the new format... Wink

IP Logged

Dayton3
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 10/17/18 at 19:57:58
Print Post  
I apologize if it was too long.    I'll openly admit that many of the policy specifics in the sections on reducing the federal deficit and reducing the trade deficit are not my original ideas but ones I found from other online sources and occasionally tweaked a bit here and there.

I have given thought to how to make them politically viable.   For example the ultra sensitive abortion issue.   By addressing the issue in terms of reducing the number of abortions performed annually in the U.S. than simply pushing for an overturn of Roe V. Wade I believe would make the steps to radically reducing the number of elective abortions performed annually palatable to many more voters.

IP Logged

killermccoy
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 10/18/18 at 16:17:11
Print Post  
Mostly good points although some are unrealistic with the drastic cuts in deficit spending while introducing drastic spending increases in other areas.  A president cannot grow the economy by himself.  Trump was rather lucky in this regard.  Businesses were ready to go when Trump took office and as soon as he lowered some regulations and taxes, the effect was almost immediate.  But...you cannot sustain this growth indefinitely and there will be slow downs to the economy.

The only things that I really disagree with are the Federal Broadcasting Network.  To me that is state sanctioned propaganda and as a politician you never introduce something new that can also be used by the other side because the other side will be in power someday.

I also disagree with the government getting into the Christian/New Testament business.  I think your intentions are pure in this area but this is not how you do it and will turn people off.

If the government has character and morals, God will follow.

I said it before right after Trump came down that escalator.  This is the time for the "religious right" to be quiet.  Their time will come but it will be after Trump and I think it has to be long after Trump.  We need another Trump like president after Trump and then we can think of candidates like Pence.

Other than that, you are a little too hawkish for my taste.  I believe we should have the best military in the world prepared to eliminate any threat quickly and without mercy but then never use it.

Unless you are willing to sign up now for the military and be the first to go.

IP Logged

ZeWazir
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 10/18/18 at 18:04:36
Print Post  
AuntieLynn11 wrote on 10/17/18 at 14:44:01:
1. Stop ALL foreign aid.
2. Fund the military
3. Put the chairmanship of the National Endowment for the Arts in the hands of somebody - ANYBODY - with a modicum of taste.

If you don't have national security, nothing else matters....

Eliminate the National Endowment for the Arts, period.  Let it go back to the manner that worked quite well for over 1000 years. If an artist has skill and ability, let them find a patron or two. Let individuals interested in the arts sponsor open galleries where starting artists can display their works for sale. It should NEVER be a matter for taxpayers to support people who decide to make their living in the arts.

IP Logged

ZeWazir
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #16 - 10/18/18 at 18:23:23
Print Post  
A lot of not-necessarily bad ideas.  Most of them totally impractical.  Like coming up with $250 billion in new revenues in a single year.  How's that going to happen? Can't raise taxes without crimping economic growth. Clinton found that out when he decided Uncle Sam needed a larger share of the dot-com boom. Took one of the best economic booms in history and helped bring it to a screeching halt. Going off the revenue estimates for 2018, a $250B increase would require a net growth of the economy of almost 8%. We are celebrating when it reaches 4%, and you want 8?  NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

And how are you going to CUT $250B in spending while coming up with the money for expansions in the military, space exploration, etc. etc. etc.?

Good ideas for where this country needs to head are lacking in D.C.  But ideas have to be realistic or they are no better than the hogwash we hear from your everyday politicians.

One other critique: many of your ideas, IMO, belong at the state level. Things like protecting animals from abuse. As much as I DETEST people who abuse animals (especially dogs! I see a dog abuser, my impulse is to cause them to die in an extremely slow, extremely painful manner.) But criminal laws for such behaviors belong to the states, not the federal government. Federal authority needs to be significantly contracted, and that authority given back to the states where it was designed to reside.

IP Logged

Dayton3
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #17 - 10/19/18 at 12:34:19
Print Post  
ZeWazir wrote on 10/18/18 at 18:23:23:
A lot of not-necessarily bad ideas.  Most of them totally impractical.  Like coming up with $250 billion in new revenues in a single year.  How's that going to happen? Can't raise taxes without crimping economic growth. Clinton found that out when he decided Uncle Sam needed a larger share of the dot-com boom. Took one of the best economic booms in history and helped bring it to a screeching halt. Going off the revenue estimates for 2018, a $250B increase would require a net growth of the economy of almost 8%. We are celebrating when it reaches 4%, and you want 8?  NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

And how are you going to CUT $250B in spending while coming up with the money for expansions in the military, space exploration, etc. etc. etc.?

Good ideas for where this country needs to head are lacking in D.C.  But ideas have to be realistic or they are no better than the hogwash we hear from your everyday politicians.

One other critique: many of your ideas, IMO, belong at the state level. Things like protecting animals from abuse. As much as I DETEST people who abuse animals (especially dogs! I see a dog abuser, my impulse is to cause them to die in an extremely slow, extremely painful manner.) But criminal laws for such behaviors belong to the states, not the federal government. Federal authority needs to be significantly contracted, and that authority given back to the states where it was designed to reside.

True though I don't have as much faith in federalism any more as many conservatives still do though regard states are "laboratories of democracy"

In regards to taxes while generally supportive of the lowest taxes reasonably possible I've never been dogmatic about the issue. 

If some taxes have to be cut, some raised and some remain th same I have no ideological problem with that.

For example I see nothing wrong with raising gasoline taxes at the same time you eliminate taxes on diesel.

People do have some flexibility in avoiding paying a portion at least of gasoline taxes while given that delivery costs affect almost every sector of the economy,  reducing diesel costs have the possibility of inducing a stimulative effect throughout the economy.

Politically more people working in the trucking industry work and live in California than any other state so eliminating diesel taxes has the possibility of stimulating political support in that vital state.

IP Logged

Dayton3
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #18 - 10/19/18 at 14:10:13
Print Post  
In addition please note,   250 billion in new revenue might not be required after all to reduce the deficit by 500 billion the first year.

From above

Total deficit reduction of all these measures combined would be roughly 5 trillion dollars over ten years or a 500 billion deficit reduction per year.   Even if these measures were only 75% effective the average annual deficit reduction would be 375 billion annually.   A substantial chunk of the annual deficit.

IP Logged

ZeWazir
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #19 - 10/19/18 at 15:10:51
Print Post  
Dayton3 wrote on 10/19/18 at 14:10:13:
In addition please note,   250 billion in new revenue might not be required after all to reduce the deficit by 500 billion the first year.

From above

Total deficit reduction of all these measures combined would be roughly 5 trillion dollars over ten years or a 500 billion deficit reduction per year.   Even if these measures were only 75% effective the average annual deficit reduction would be 375 billion annually.   A substantial chunk of the annual deficit.

So, let's start getting specific. Where are 500B in spending cuts going to take place? We can all talk about cutting spending to balance the budget, but those cuts have to be made in specific places or it's all just more campaign talk.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › If I Were President

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias