Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Teens confused by dial phone.....
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Teens confused by dial phone..... (Read 305 times)
muffin
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Teens confused by dial phone.....
01/10/19 at 23:23:44
Print Post  
...how can a kid who cant put his hat on right figure out how to use a dial phone.  After several minutes, they still hadn't connected to anyone. Sad
https://www.foxnews.com/tech/watch-2-adorably-clueless-teens-17-baffled-by-a-rot...

Tomorrow is promised to no one.

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Re: Teens confused by dial phone.....
Reply #1 - 01/11/19 at 06:23:16
Print Post  
Grin Grin

I still remember a number we had when I was a kid. I remember "eavesdropping " too..

IP Logged

Canis Minor
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 01/11/19 at 06:47:40
Print Post  
Yeah, they call us old people 'dumb', but when the tables are turned they are just as confused as anyone when presented with some technology they have no experience with. In fact, I'd say most of them are even 'dumber' than us old folks because we're now used to puzzling out tech that initially doesn't make sense to us.

Example, Keurig coffee makers. A few years back my kids got one of these and they couldn't get it to operate properly. My son actually opened the thing up and saw nothing wrong. They were just going to return it, but I took a look. The problem was that they weren't snapping down the water reservoir properly and the machine auto stopped due to this. Yeah, sometimes the problem is just common sense.

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 01/11/19 at 08:09:57
Print Post  
Canis Minor wrote on 01/11/19 at 06:47:40:
Yeah, they call us old people 'dumb', but when the tables are turned they are just as confused as anyone when presented with some technology they have no experience with. In fact, I'd say most of them are even 'dumber' than us old folks because we're now used to puzzling out tech that initially doesn't make sense to us.

Example, Keurig coffee makers. A few years back my kids got one of these and they couldn't get it to operate properly. My son actually opened the thing up and saw nothing wrong. They were just going to return it, but I took a look. The problem was that they weren't snapping down the water reservoir properly and the machine auto stopped due to this. Yeah, sometimes the problem is just common sense.

Solutions to most problems are common sense. Enter politicians and out the window it goes.

IP Logged

45Kriss_SBR
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 01/11/19 at 10:45:55
Print Post  
God help us with the upcoming generation!

IP Logged

ZeWazir
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 01/12/19 at 00:42:28
Print Post  
muffin wrote on 01/10/19 at 23:23:44:
...how can a kid who cant put his hat on right figure out how to use a dial phone.  After several minutes, they still hadn't connected to anyone. Sad
https://www.foxnews.com/tech/watch-2-adorably-clueless-teens-17-baffled-by-a-rot...

This is the result of an "education" system more focussed on indoctrination that encouraging the development of free thinking, self-reliant, problem solving adults.

Especially the free-thinking part. Free thinkers inevitably turn down the offer of a cradle to grave nanny state. The cost (freedom) is too high.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Teens confused by dial phone.....

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias