Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Who Lives In Texas and What is it Like There?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Who Lives In Texas and What is it Like There? (Read 798 times)
countzero
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Who Lives In Texas and What is it Like There?
Reply #10 - 03/14/19 at 00:07:48
Print Post  
I worry about the humidity. We dont have much of that in California....

Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers and it is the duty as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian Nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers.~John Jay
Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?~ Patrick Henry

IP Logged

bonnieblue
CF Presidents Club

God Bless Texas

Reply #11 - 03/14/19 at 00:09:12
Print Post  
We're about 80 miles from Galveston, about 36 miles from Houston. It's hot and humid and depending on Mother Nature and her cruel streak our winters vary but that's what you get in a semi-tropical climate. I wouldn't live anywhere else though. The further you live away from Austin the better. You're libel to get liberal cooties... Cool San Antonio and surrounding areas are pretty expensive and are tourist destinations year round especially in the summer when tubers hit the rivers. Love this state. It has everything......deserts, mountains, seashores, piney woods. Anything your heart desires....... Wink

IP Logged

Riverboat
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #12 - 03/14/19 at 00:17:51
Print Post  
Naturalized-Texan wrote on 03/13/19 at 21:42:19:
Strangely, Victoria, well to the south of us. had 24 inches of snow.

I was there. It was awesome!

If you want less humidity, San Antonio/Hill country is your best bet. It's death here in Houston in the summer. Political-wise, you're better off outside the major cities, aside from the Panhandle (Lubbock, Amarillo). New Braunfels is conservative, so you'll fit right in. San Antonio is blue. Austin? Don't even consider it.

Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience. - George Washington: Rules of Civility
IP Logged

SurroundedByLiberals
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 03/14/19 at 00:43:40
Print Post  
   Stayed in Austin, was fine except it's very Liberal.  We loved the Hill Country tho.  I suggest you take a look at that area then check out the big cities.

IP Logged

Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #14 - 03/14/19 at 10:50:47
Print Post  
As you can tell by my handle, Naturalized-Texan, I've been in Texas long enough (48 of my nearly 87 years) to be considered a naturalized citizen of Texas.

I worked for a company whose initials stood for I've Been Moved and since we were married nearly 65 years ago we have lived in PA, NY, MD, NE, TX, NJ, MD, again, and TX, again, to stay. We have purchased 7 homes and sold 6.

"Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change is a massive POLITICAL hoax."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."
Naturalized-Texan, 1/7/2009

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."

IP Logged

17Oaks
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 03/14/19 at 12:38:15
Print Post  
Well I know where the "Northern Foothills" is.  Nice up there.

Austin and area:  If you like San Fran you gonna like there, street people are not as dirty.

East Texas mostly the area E of I 35 E, lots of trees, Pine trees, high water tables, bit humid and almost hot (100F).

Dallas-Ft Worth, about 140 mi across, yea it's big, HOT, Ice storms in Jan-Mar

S Tex from San Antonio down.  Rarely freezes can be hot and humid

West Texas, W of I 35 W, drier, hotter.

Central Texas Hill Country, could be the best bet.  Low this winter was 26 here on my place, did not have a freeze later year or the year before.  Hilly, covered in trees Oak and Cedar.  Great quality of life.  I am about 35 mi N of San Antonio and about 1 1/2 mi from Austin.  Conservative country if you are outside the city limits, which I STRONGLY suggest!

I live in a small town of about 12k people, LARGE MB dealer, Land Rover and Jag dealer, Ferrari dealer on the outskirts of town.

I have lived in Dallas, Ft Worth, Houston, San Antonio and traveled all over Texas, Hill country is my retirement place.

Anywhere you live is a good quality of life, big cities are Dems.  If you want a job they are here, wanna start a business, it's easy.  No personal income tax, state raises it's money thru sales tax at 6.25%, cities/county can tack on 2% max to that, but they get a chunk of property taxes.

Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...any questions?

IP Logged

SurroundedByLiberals
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #16 - 03/14/19 at 13:12:04
Print Post  
   Another vote for Hill Country: I have lived in Dallas, Ft Worth, Houston, San Antonio and traveled all over Texas, Hill country is my retirement place.

IP Logged

Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #17 - 03/14/19 at 17:05:18
Print Post  
Remember, when traveling in Texas:

The Sun has riz, the Sun has set
and we ain't out of Texas yet.

"Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change is a massive POLITICAL hoax."

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."
Naturalized-Texan, 1/7/2009

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."

IP Logged

countzero
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #18 - 03/14/19 at 17:45:31
Print Post  
The hill country is where I have been looking, but I have never visited Texas before. I am just wondering if I can handle the 80% humidity. You sure do get a lot more house for the money there, thats for sure....

Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers and it is the duty as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian Nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers.~John Jay
Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?~ Patrick Henry

IP Logged

ladygellin
Forum Moderator

Texas does the body good!

Reply #19 - 03/14/19 at 18:25:59
Print Post  

I've been in Texas just about my whole life. My sister lives in Austin. As others have said, very liberal.

Right now I live in a small town and love it here. But the summers are brutal. Many days in the high 90's and the humidity is almost unbearable sometimes. But I love it here. Most people are friendly, and small towns are pretty conservative.

I've been to New Braunfels. It's hilly in places. It's a vacation town for a lot of Texans.

If I wanted to move, I'd go to the hill country outside of Austin. It is beautiful there.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Who Lives In Texas and What is it Like There?

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias