Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › $500 each for traffic barrels? Where is President Trump!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic $500 each for traffic barrels? Where is President Trump! (Read 572 times)
WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

$500 each for traffic barrels? Where is President Trump!
05/20/19 at 11:27:26
Print Post  
Below are two articles detailing how the governor of Puerto Rico let a contract to purchase 600 plastic traffic barrels (they call them drones) at $500 each -- when the average retail price is less than $75 each!

From what I gather from the two articles below (click on translation link in upper right hand corner when article comes up), based on the dates of purchase order, months after the hurricane, there was no emergency/exigent circumstances that would warrant paying such an outrageous cost for these traffic barrels. I'm somewhat familiar with the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations), and I don't see how a contracting purchasing officer would award such a contract.

President Trump has been roundly criticized for lack of hurricane aid to Puerto Rico. I would advise Trump to have the appropriate inspector general investigate this matter so as to determine if the governor of Puerto Rico (or his agents) tried to defraud the federal government (taxpayers).

I would demand to see the government estimate (that must be done according to the FAR) for this material purchase, and the bidder abstract showing the low to high bids. Further, I would want to see the written justification that allowed this outrageous purchase to go through.

Lastly, if the lowest bid came back at $500/barrel, it would seem to me the government of Puerto Rico would improvise and make their own traffic barrels using some raw materials and some international orange paint.

Somebody needs to be held to account for this unjustified (IMO) purchase.

https://www.primerahora.com/noticias/gobierno-politica/nota/rossellojustificalac...

https://www.primerahora.com/noticias/puerto-rico/nota/echanelojoalacompradedrone...

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: $500 each for traffic barrels? Where is President Trump!
Reply #1 - 05/20/19 at 19:37:05
Print Post  
Aw, and the Red Sox manager wouldn't visit the White House in protest of not helping Puerto Rico enough after hurricane.

Maybe Puerto Rico doesn't manage it's money properly.

Lily003   Huh

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - 05/20/19 at 20:22:24
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 05/20/19 at 19:37:05:
Aw, and the Red Sox manager wouldn't visit the White House in protest of not helping Puerto Rico enough after hurricane.

Maybe Puerto Rico doesn't manage it's money properly.

Lily003   Huh

That is an understatement.  The government in Puerto Rico is rife with corruption and inefficiency. I read about it often in news stories at the linked website I posted.

IP Logged

FlaOkie
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 05/20/19 at 21:52:11
Print Post  
$40 bucks each - on sale now! Cheesy

https://www.trafficsafetystore.com/traffic-barricades/plastic-drum-4-base#DRUM4E...

Somebody – somewhere - got their pockets stuffed with wads of hundred dollar bills. Shocked Roll Eyes

IP Logged

mortarman
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 05/21/19 at 00:21:20
Print Post  
Jus' like it was in Louisiana before Katrina. Bes' start looking' some DemonCrap official who wants the National Guard to move a freezer fer him or her.

Smiley

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones I operate by myself, such as safety, magazine release, bolt or slide, optics an' trigger. Any others are unnecessary.
the outlaw mortarman

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - 05/21/19 at 06:56:56
Print Post  
FlaOkie wrote on 05/20/19 at 21:52:11:
$40 bucks each - on sale now! Cheesy

https://www.trafficsafetystore.com/traffic-barricades/plastic-drum-4-base#DRUM4E...

Somebody – somewhere - got their pockets stuffed with wads of hundred dollar bills. Shocked Roll Eyes

Thanks for that link. I will pass it on to my buddy that emailed me the links I used in my initial posting.

My buddy lives in Grant, Florida, but has a 12 acre property (and old house) in Orocovis, Puerto Rico. His property is at 2,700 feet elevation above sea level. He generally spends the summer at his place in Orocovis because its cooler there. In any event, he sends me numerous online articles about all the crime, corruption, and inefficiencies that go on down there. He should be tickled to see the link you provided.

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - 05/23/19 at 09:59:50
Print Post  
Federal Highway Administration to investigate the payment of drones: https://www.primerahora.com/noticias/gobierno-politica/nota/lepediraalaadministr...

Somehow I have the sinking feeling nothing will become of this.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › $500 each for traffic barrels? Where is President Trump!

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias