Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › 1.57 miles of wall built
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 1.57 miles of wall built (Read 496 times)
Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

1.57 miles of wall built
05/21/19 at 23:23:16
Print Post  
Or fence, or whatever it is.  Sure, you have to start somewhere, but COME ON.  Some tied up in court, etc.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/federal-wall-funding-of-1-57-billion-yields-1-7-mile...

Lily003   Angry

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
Ex Member

Re: 1.57 miles of wall built
Reply #1 - 05/22/19 at 06:05:14
Print Post  
Where's those "miles and miles of big beautiful wall"? 

"The administration recently provided updated information to Congress on the status of its efforts as of April 30, 2019," the attorney, Douglas Letter, said in a court filing. "Based on that updated information, it appears that CBP has now constructed 1.7 miles of fencing with its fiscal year 2018 funding."

That was 3/4 of a mile more than the administration reported at the end of February, Letter said."

IP Logged

Canis Minor
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 05/22/19 at 06:05:47
Print Post  
The Democrats have most of the Judicial branch under their control due to the judges Obama put in place. Now that they have the Congress, stolen in the 2018 mid terms due to the MSM convincing voters that Trump was a Russian agent, the road blocks to prevent border security have intensified. Make no mistake, Trump wants the wall, he just can't legally obtain the wall. Don't blame Trump, blame the Democrats and the idiots who voted them in.

IP Logged

Gabriele
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 05/22/19 at 06:30:56
Print Post  
Please tell me it didn't cost the entire 1.57 billion to do this. The article doesn't say, but nothing surprises me anymore.

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/22/19 at 06:35:17
Print Post  
I don't blame Trump for the obstructionism but I do hold him accountable for not thoroughly vetting the emphatic promises he makes when he hasn't even checked to see if it can be done. Proposing things that Congress needs to approve is just rhetoric. One example was constantly touting that the military would build it. All he needed to do was pick up a phone or google it to realize that needs Congressional approval for that as well...before making sound so simple.

"Using DOD money for the wall would likely require congressional approval."

IP Logged

DCS
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 05/22/19 at 09:22:11
Print Post  
Quote:
I don't blame Trump for the obstructionism but I do hold him accountable for not thoroughly vetting the emphatic promises he makes when he hasn't even checked to see if it can be done. Proposing things that Congress needs to approve is just rhetoric. One example was constantly touting that the military would build it. All he needed to do was pick up a phone or google it to realize that needs Congressional approval for that as well...before making sound so simple.

"Using DOD money for the wall would likely require congressional approval."

He was coming out his world where all he had to say was, "build it, let's go" into the political world where is it impossible to get anything done.  I am sure he was entirely confident he would get a wall built. 

I can see this next election cycle will not be as fruitful for him if he does not come through with some of his big ticket items.  So far, no wall, he has failed on curbing immigration, worse then ever, China is not working well with farmers, North Korea is still shooting rockets, etc.   Don't get me wrong, I know he has stood up to more resistance then any other President could have handled and I am still behind him, but I am afraid the constant negative attention he gets will in fact work this next time. 

All I can say is, if we get a democrat in, it is lights out for America as we have known it

Sometime, ONLY a gun can stand between good and evil.

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/22/19 at 09:31:18
Print Post  
DCS wrote on 05/22/19 at 09:22:11:
He was coming out his world where all he had to say was, "build it, let's go" into the political world where is it impossible to get anything done.  I am sure he was entirely confident he would get a wall built. 

I can see this next election cycle will not be as fruitful for him if he does not come through with some of his big ticket items.  So far, no wall, he has failed on curbing immigration, worse then ever, China is not working well with farmers, North Korea is still shooting rockets, etc.   Don't get me wrong, I know he has stood up to more resistance then any other President could have handled and I am still behind him, but I am afraid the constant negative attention he gets will in fact work this next time. 

All I can say is, if we get a democrat in, it is lights out for America as we have known it

I won't strenuously disagree but proffer that coming from a world where he prided himself on his negotiating kills, maybe someone should have told him that you can't negotiate with a hostile Congress which they knew was hostile going in.

Those that voted for him will do it again simply because who else can you vote for? Certainly not a Democrat. No doubt we shall soon hear the cry that he needs for more years along with a bevy of explanations as to how we all should have known that he didn't mean he could do it in 4 years.

IP Logged

DCS
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 05/22/19 at 10:22:44
Print Post  
Quote:
I won't strenuously disagree but proffer that coming from a world where he prided himself on his negotiating kills, maybe someone should have told him that you can't negotiate with a hostile Congress which they knew was hostile going in.

Those that voted for him will do it again simply because who else can you vote for? Certainly not a Democrat. No doubt we shall soon hear the cry that he needs for more years along with a bevy of explanations as to how we all should have known that he didn't mean he could do it in 4 years.

I think the problem he may not have anticipated as far as his negotiations skills are concerned is that negotiating with other smart individuals where both sides gain is one thing, negotiating with idiots is an entirely different ball game!

Sometime, ONLY a gun can stand between good and evil.

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/22/19 at 11:15:10
Print Post  
DCS wrote on 05/22/19 at 10:22:44:
I think the problem he may not have anticipated as far as his negotiations skills are concerned is that negotiating with other smart individuals where both sides gain is one thing, negotiating with idiots is an entirely different ball game!

That's were he made his mistake IMHO. They indeed are idiots but saying that during a campaign is a good strategy to get elected but what happens afterward when you needs them is another story...as we have seen. Not saying that had he not called them names they would have been anymore inclined to work with him...but it didn't help.

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/22/19 at 11:22:47
Print Post  
This is now part of the Drudge headline. So let's use her figure of 100 which I don't believe but for argument's sake. That leaves another 400 by year end to equal 500. With no favorable action from Congress, I call bunk on her claim. Anyone want to go on record saying they believe 500 miles of a combination of new wall and renovated old will be built without Congressional intervention in the next 6.5 months?

Fox & Friends Challenge Sarah Sanders Over Drudge Border Wall Headline: ‘Less Than 2 Miles Built’

"White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was challenged by the hosts of Fox & Friends as t0 why the leading story on the Drudge Report this morning reads, “WALL STALL: LESS THAN 2 MILES BUILT!”

“The first story on the Drudge today, looks like the wall — we have only two miles built of the wall?” co-host Brian Kilmeade asked. “What is going on there? Does the president still think he can get 400 miles done of the wall by the end of the year?”

“Absolutely, and that is an incorrect figure,” she said of the Drudge headline, which cites an article from Bloomberg that reports U.S. Customs and Border Protection has only placed 1.7 miles of new fencing per information given to a federal judge.

“There’s far more than two miles have been built,” Sanders continued. “We’re still on track to get close to 500 miles built by the end of the year. The Army Corps of Engineers working with DHS and DOD are putting a tremendous amount of effort into not just building a new wall, but taking down some of the barriers that have existed that are completely ineffective, and putting in the very effective border wall they have been putting in the last couple months.”

She went on to say that the administration is “making great progress” and claimed, “There is over 100 miles, I think, it is close to 115 miles have been finished.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-friends-challenge-sarah-sanders-over-drudge-bord...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › 1.57 miles of wall built

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias