Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Is this racist?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Is this racist? (Read 988 times)
Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Is this racist?
09/09/19 at 05:11:05
Print Post  
With the left calling everything racist for anything relating to a person a shade darker than porcelain, I'm wondering if a black man can be a racist?

NFL player, Antonio Brown, called the Oakland Raiders GM a "cracker."  This guy is a bona fide head case in my opinion.  He played for the Pittsburgh Steelers and wanted to be traded.  They traded him to the Oakland Raiders and a short time later (after many shenanigans) wanted another trade.  They probably did themselves a favor and traded him to the New England Patriots.  For anyone following football, some feel this was orchestrated.  Time will tell if he will be an asset or liability to the Patriots.  He will play in their game #2.

But in his endless nonsense, he called the GM of the Raiders a "cracker."  As a very white person, I don't even know the origin of this term, but I understand it is considered by some a racial insult!  Is this okay????

https://www.westernjournal.com/report-nfl-superstar-antonio-brown-dodges-serious...

Lily003   Huh Roll Eyes

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Is this racist?
Reply #1 - 09/09/19 at 06:40:08
Print Post  
Yes; I say most of the blacks that voted for Obama are racists.

IP Logged

Canis Minor
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 09/09/19 at 06:44:42
Print Post  
I will now engage in some extreme sarcasm:

Don't you know, it's impossible to be *RACIST* (be sure you scream it out loudly) towards a white person. One can only be *RACIST* towards people of color, ethnic minorities or Muslims....or anyone the Liberal Progressives deem as being an oppressed group. No one that's white, Christian, Jewish or Conservative  has ever been oppressed don't you know.

These 'poor black athletes' who only make 10's of millions a year for playing a game are so horribly oppressed...it's nearly slavery don't you know. So, attacking the team owners (who are essentially slave owners) isn't *RACISM*, it's completely valid and acceptable.

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - 09/09/19 at 07:29:48
Print Post  
If one accepts the Merriam-Webster definition of racist, than anyone can be a racist.

The problem today is that far too many folks are either ignorant of the Merriam-Webster definition of racist, or that they don't accept the dictionary definition of racist -- and they make up their own self-serving definition of what they think a racist is.

That's why we constantly see many whites being labeled as a racist simply because they disagree with a person of a different color/race, etc.

For example, in 2008 many whites voted for Obma -- they weren't racists (as considered by most blacks).

In 2012, some of these same whites didn't vote for Obama because they felt (after 4 years of his policies -- and views with regard to issues like Cambridge police acting stupidly; Trayvon Martin; Michael Brown, etc.) he was too socially radical (their feelings and views changed towards Obama) -- and they didn't vote for Obama in 2012. These white voters immediately became racists in the eyes of the very same blacks that considered them not to be racists in 2008.

So, in reality, these whites became racists not because of the Merriam-Webster dictionary definition of racist, they became racists simply because they now disagreed with Obama with respect to some of his policies and views.

IP Logged

Gabriele
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 09/09/19 at 07:54:07
Print Post  
But in his endless nonsense, he called the GM of the Raiders a "cracker."  As a very white person, I don't even know the origin of this term, but I understand it is considered by some a racial insult!  Is this okay????

I know the origin and no, it's not okay. It's beyond insulting and very hurtful.

IP Logged

Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk Is Cheep

Reply #5 - 09/09/19 at 08:37:46
Print Post  
I was watching a baseball game and the commentators were discussing how they've been going cold turkey, giving up football because of the all the stuff going on.  And this latest incident they said can be added to their dirty laundry list.  I don't watch football
and could care less who wins or loses.  Thanks to that idiot Kaperneck many others have stopped watching.  People have better things to do than watch a bunch of overpaid immature
heavyset men.

If You're Here To Teach, Then You've Much To Learn

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - 09/09/19 at 09:34:15
Print Post  
Nyte_Byrd wrote on 09/09/19 at 08:37:46:
I was watching a baseball game and the commentators were discussing how they've been going cold turkey, giving up football because of the all the stuff going on.  And this latest incident they said can be added to their dirty laundry list.  I don't watch football
and could care less who wins or loses.  Thanks to that idiot Kaperneck many others have stopped watching.  People have better things to do than watch a bunch of overpaid immature
heavyset men.

I stopped watch NFL football for the past two seasons. The last straw for me was when NFL management came up with a new protesting policy for the upcoming season (last season) and players told them to shove it (basically) -- and management capitulated to the players.

That was the total end for me. I actually agreed with the players' cause, only the venue (playing of the national anthem, and violating NFL policy and anthem protocol) in which they were expressing (protesting) their cause.

I can not abide people that make millions (some 10s of millions) a year, yet they are defiant of the very organizations policies that allow them to make such money. It's emblematic of what's happening throughout society today. To many people have no regard for laws, policy, rules, etc. When NFL management caved, that was it for me. I have no regrets by boycotting everything NFL. It's easy for me, as I can't reconcile watching and cheering on people (in the grand scheme of things -- a meaningless damn game) who have no respect for my patriotism and values).

I now liken it (NFL) to Hollywood. I will not pay to see a movie produced, directed, and acted by Hollywood leftist liberals. In fact, I wouldn't watch a movie by the aforementioned even if it were for free. Just the fact that I know such folks hate my way of life, value, principles, and ideology, hate President Trump, etc., I can not stomach watching them.

IP Logged

45Kriss_SBR
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 09/09/19 at 10:36:26
Print Post  
I spend my retirement in the shooting sports and watching my old movies (from silent to about 1960) even have a couple of Amos & Andy and old cartoons! Watching sports on TV? Uh...NO!

IP Logged

SurroundedByLiberals
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #8 - 09/09/19 at 11:42:02
Print Post  
   If you want to see racism at work watch: Last Chance U (two seasons).  Netflix put this out a few years ago.
   By the way: I stopped watching NFL (was an Oakland Raiders fan) 30+ years ago.  That's about the time Al Davis moved the Raiders to Anaheim.  Haven't watched a single minute of any professional sport since then.
    If you want to see a real sport in action watch YouTube highlights of Swedish pole vaulters (women).  Let me know what you think.

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #9 - 09/09/19 at 11:49:05
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Is this racist?

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias