Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Would You Support Life In Solitary As a Death Penalty Alternative?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Would You Support Life In Solitary As a Death Penalty Alternative? (Read 1,101 times)
Dayton3
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Would You Support Life In Solitary As a Death Penalty Alternative?
10/08/19 at 15:52:41
Print Post  
Seems to me that the death penalty  is growing more and more untenable politically but to me simple life in prison without parole doesn't seen punishment enough for someone who  deliberately ends the life of another person especially more than one person.

What about life in solitary confinement?  The state keeps it hands clean and to me solitary confinement seems a much harsher punishment than simply being in prison. 

And there are prison designs for confining people for life in solitary without being overly expensive.   Of course they would have an overhead window so they could see the sun and sky.

IP Logged

bearsfootball516
CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: Would You Support Life In Solitary As a Death Penalty Alternative?
Reply #1 - 10/08/19 at 16:02:53
Print Post  
I'd be fine with that. Honestly, depending on the age of the convict, I tend to think life without parole is worse than the death penalty. If I was 30 and did something that could get me the death penalty, I'd probably rather have that then face 50-60 years in prison.

IP Logged

TiredRetired
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 10/08/19 at 16:06:31
Print Post  
Death Penalty for First Degree Murder, killers of first responders, children and sexual molestation of minors. 

Give them a choice.  Hanging, firing squad or electric chair.  No Lethal Injection as they do no deserve to sleep through the process.  They need to be awake and know their coming fate.

Only our Good Lord can judge a man, but it is our job to arrange the meeting. 

Waste of money supporting these dregs for 50 years.  If found guilty of a capital crime, execute them and be done with it.

USS Independence, USS Enterprise, NTC Great Lakes.  Royal Order of the Bluenose, Royal Order of the Rock, Shellback. Surface Warfare. "... And any man who may be asked ... what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." John F. Kennedy.   US Navy, fighting Radical Islamic Extremism since 1801.

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - 10/08/19 at 16:09:03
Print Post  
IMO, the death penalty is far less cruel and unusual punishment than solitary life in prison.

The anti death penalty folks definitely won't go along with solitary life in prison as an alternative to the death penalty.

I contend that if one commits a homicide(s) that rise to the level of being punished by the death penalty, that's what they should get -- as long as there's 100% no doubt of his/her guilt.

I can't see why taxpayers should support a person in prison for maybe as long as 60 or more years  serving life in prison without any chance of parole. The person is eventually going to die anyway, so it may as well be ASAP once sentenced.

IP Logged

45Kriss_SBR
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 10/08/19 at 16:54:36
Print Post  
No thanks but the Electric Chair "Sparks" momentum to that final breath!

IP Logged

Giles Johnson
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 10/08/19 at 17:06:06
Print Post  
Three requirements must  be satisfied!  1.  There must be punishment, 2. There must be restitution!  3.  By putting to death that individual will never kill again....... Thats the bottom line!

IP Logged

mortarman
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 10/08/19 at 17:11:28
Print Post  
I'm for public hangings myself.

Smiley

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones I operate by myself, such as safety, magazine release, bolt or slide, optics an' trigger. Any others are unnecessary.
the outlaw mortarman

IP Logged

Dayton3
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 10/08/19 at 21:46:17
Print Post  
Hey I have no problems moral or practical with the death penalty being used.

But I can see the way the winds of public opinion are blowing and I'm wondering if it is worth the effort it takes just to execute a few dozen (at most) murderers nationwide every year.

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #8 - 10/09/19 at 05:56:01
Print Post  
Give them a high bed with sheets.  Then move in a serial killer with them.

IP Logged

17Oaks
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #9 - 10/09/19 at 09:24:53
Print Post  
Dayton3 wrote on 10/08/19 at 15:52:41:
Seems to me that the death penalty  is growing more and more untenable politically but to me simple life in prison without parole doesn't seen punishment enough for someone who  deliberately ends the life of another person especially more than one person.

What about life in solitary confinement?  The state keeps it hands clean and to me solitary confinement seems a much harsher punishment than simply being in prison. 

And there are prison designs for confining people for life in solitary without being overly expensive.   Of course they would have an overhead window so they could see the sun and sky.

Heinous crimes beyond the simple killing in a fight or what ever.  But those that murder their newborn child and place it in a BBQ pit. They deserve the death penalty*

Life in solitary, yea I can go with that in crimes that do not fit into the Heinous category.  BUT they must have an ample supply of razor blades, rope, etc.

*  Daddy (m father), did you ever see a hanging?  Yes, when I was about 10 or 12 there was a hanging over in Broken Bow (Ok) and your grandfather took me over to see it.  He was hung in the town square at noon on Saturday.

WOW, Daddy, what did you think about it?  I thought I did not want to leave a life of crime!!!

Now you know why there was so little crime back in those days in America, hanging in the town square at noon on Saturday!!!

Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...any questions?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Would You Support Life In Solitary As a Death Penalty Alternative?

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias