Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Diversity and the road it leads us down
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Diversity and the road it leads us down (Read 1,337 times)
The Patriot Hammer
CF Vice Presidents Club

I am a man of peace, but
I adore a riot.

Re: Diversity and the road it leads us down
Reply #10 - 10/18/19 at 22:25:12
Print Post  
Canis Minor wrote on 10/16/19 at 05:43:48:
A long time ago (apx 80+ years ago) in many locations America was indeed a racist nation. There were 'Jim Crow' laws, prejudice of all varieties. Heck, the Klan even marched in Washington DC in the 1920's! But, this time period has long since passed. Oh sure, some individuals are still racists and hold prejudices...but we no longer have institutionalized racism in the United States. Thank The Lord that modern Americans are not supportive of such an evil as is racism.

However, the Liberal Left Loons act as if it's still 1929 not 2019! They are doing this in order to divide us. Diversity in some things is just fine, America is after all 'the melting pot' where our strength comes from various peoples. That said, in the past immigrants 'melted' and became Americans. I'm not seeing this very much nowadays. Look at Dearborn Michigan or the Somali areas in Minnesota...those people aren't assimilating at all.

. . .

LIBs and Marxists are famous for manipulating language and history to suit their agenda.

Immigration is a process that is supposed to be a primary priority for America and Americans.  It was never designed to suit the immigrant.

Hammer LIBs Daily with TRUTH.
IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #11 - 10/19/19 at 03:03:42
Print Post  
Diversity for the sake of diversity is a DISASTER.  We all do better the more we have in common.  Language would be one prime example.

Do you want affirmative action in medical personnel, or do you want the BEST regardless of WHO they are?  If you are an owner of a business, do you want the best employee, or one you are forced to hire?  You issue the paycheck, you should get who you want.  Eliminating the best and brightest, no matter WHAT they are, makes no sense.  Colleges can be forced to ADMIT certain students, but do they graduate???

Forcing diversity fosters disdain for the recipient of it.  You cannot change human nature or feelings.

The real answer is that people work hard and make themselves the best person for a job, school, or whatever.  It is completely unfair to punish those who are more qualified to meet some quota - it is its own form of discrimination.  Never fair no matter who it is done to.

Lily003   Angry

IP Logged

Canis Minor
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #12 - 10/19/19 at 05:35:22
Print Post  
The systematic elimination of those who are the best, brightest, the most qualified will diminish the standard of human life/society in general. This is a very bad idea for everyone actually. Allow me to explain what I mean using a personal experience.

When I was in grad school back in the late 70's affirmative action was being implemented like gang busters. My friend's boyfriend was a brilliant guy, had just received his PhD in Chemistry. Well, he happened to be Black and the University seized upon this and gave him a class of 'minority students' who were first year grad students in Chemistry.

He was to give them intense instruction and personal attention. There were 5 of them (all minorities). Fast forward, he failed (and I mean 'F' grade) all of them but one (who received a 'C'). He was immediately hauled up in front of the Dean and this 'special group' was summarily 'un-failed'. Well, he wasn't happy about this  in the least. And, here's what he told them (obviously paraphrased): "By doing this you diminish the accomplishments of  minority people like myself who have worked hard, know the material and are capable of obtaining advanced degrees via their own intellect, not by being handed something they should not have". The following year he took his PhD went to another college (small private Christian school) and became a professor there.

The take away here, this affirmative action stuff really helps no one in the long run.

IP Logged

17Oaks
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 10/19/19 at 10:17:37
Print Post  
Giles Johnson wrote on 10/18/19 at 21:49:17:
The Dept. of Defense embraced Affirmative Action & Big Push!  It resulted in a promotion rate in the Officer Ranks of less than 6%.  I sent many a highly qualified Engineer packing just to fill a slot with a marginal minority  candidate who scored sub-standard on aptitude tests!

I saw it raise its ugly head in the mid 70's with the VOLAR Army, which IMO was one of the biggest mistakes they Army has ever done.

As an Officer I forced to attend to diversity classes, and we had to go to a Sunday Church service at an ALL BLACK church and write a report on it.

Then I watched the Blacks fill the ranks of Officer and enlisted and in DoD civilian jobs.  Yes there were good and great ones, who worked hard and soldiered hard, but the vast majority were black and knew it and played the black card.  With many challenging you to your face to do something about it.

MLKing Holiday:  Folks the basis for that was the US Army (maybe the other services too, dunno).  So the week of MLK Bday some blacks did not come to work on Friday, Some on Monday and some on his actual bday.  In an earlier time in the military, they would have been charged with AWOL (Absent WithOut Leave) and dealth with by the UCMJ Article 15 punishment.  But all that changed on MLK day for Blacks ONLY.

Over the years that spread across DoD.

Later in the 80's-90's Here is a real example:

John was assigned to my staff by my boss and I pushed back stated he was not an engineer, in fact I had no job for him at all.  My boss said suck up his pay from your account and I will reassign him in one year.

John stopped by to see me and inform me that he comes to work at 6:30 am and leaves at 8:am and returns at 4:30 pm and that he has a desk over in another office and he will remain there.

So I go see my boss saying WTH is going on.  He looks at me and laughs and says:  John is a school teacher, full time and way back apparently some Division Chief gave him permission to teach school at a HBS (Historically Black Shool) over in a poverty area here in town and he put it in writing.  He teaches at MLK Elementary, leave it alone!

Post Script:  John Retired from DoD Civil Service as a GS 12 about $75k and that summer he also retired from the Norfolk ISD.  Rare, just a one-off? 

Helen who is Black was a new hire (transfer) and I just happened to have an empty desk in my offices.  Her boss came to me and asked if he could place her in the desk until they moved to another building being built.  Sure, so I moved Helen's desk out of the main area for privacy concerns both her and her job and my folks.  I noticed Helen drifted in around 10:30-11, left for lunch at 12 and rarely came back in fact almost never.

Sometime later I bumped into her boss and I asked what does she do that she is only in the office about 2 hr a day max, where does work?  He tells me she is attended 'Black" employee meetings, she is a union rep and he assigns her NO WORK at all.

The result of this is that other minority groups have jumped on the gravy train.

My next-door neighbor, Wayne.  I see regular, he invites me to his parties etc.  Wayne is a prominent builder in the area.

I guessed that Wayne was gay.  Often I would work at home in the morning till about 10 am due to managing a $127M budget and I needed some quiet time with it.  I noticed John usually left for work about 9-10, often we left at the same time.  One day he had a new car, nice one and walked over and noted it had a DoD access sticker on it.  I asked about it, he is a DoD civilian working on post...WTH???

He works in the same division as my GF.  I ask her about Wayne.  He has a private office and fone line...for his building business (custom homes, Apartments, strip shopping centers).  That is a full-time job and in Civil Service for the medical and retirement benefits.

In talking with others most can relate same.

Blacks & LGBTQ are "The Untouchables"

Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...any questions?

IP Logged

Marine 13
Senior CF Member

Semper Fi!!

Reply #14 - 10/19/19 at 12:24:51
Print Post  
Canis Minor wrote on 10/16/19 at 05:43:48:
A long time ago (apx 80+ years ago) in many locations America was indeed a racist nation. There were 'Jim Crow' laws, prejudice of all varieties. Heck, the Klan even marched in Washington DC in the 1920's! But, this time period has long since passed. Oh sure, some individuals are still racists and hold prejudices...but we no longer have institutionalized racism in the United States. Thank The Lord that modern Americans are not supportive of such an evil as is racism.

However, the Liberal Left Loons act as if it's still 1929 not 2019! They are doing this in order to divide us. Diversity in some things is just fine, America is after all 'the melting pot' where our strength comes from various peoples. That said, in the past immigrants 'melted' and became Americans. I'm not seeing this very much nowadays. Look at Dearborn Michigan or the Somali areas in Minnesota...those people aren't assimilating at all.

So, some diversity is fine, but not the type of diversity that divides and alienates us from our fellow Americans.

I have to disagree with the highlighted statement.  All we have done is changed one brand of "institutionalized racism" for another.  We no longer have separate lunch counters, separate rest rooms, and separate drinking fountains.  Instead we have Affirmative Action colleges using race as a determining factor for entry, and an EEOC tailored to give minors an advantage over whites.  That is every bit "institutionalized racism" as Jim Crow Laws. 

17Oaks wrote on 10/16/19 at 08:14:47:
America as a country is very diverse its people, but its more than that...The huge surge of peoples came in the 19th and  20th centuries.  Those people came here for the American dream and they assimilated into society, started businesses, worked hard and built a better, stronger country.

To integrate one MUST take ownership of a piece of the rock called America.  This means you go to, you create value, you participate in society.  What we are seeing is that more and more people are depending upon Society to support them.  That cost is approx $1 Trillion or about 25% of our Tax revenues.

You must wonder, why in a country with 3.5% unemployment and almost anyone can qualify for a job if they can fog a mirror.  The first criteria to go to work is that you WANT to go to work, but Welfare programs steal that from those who are on welfare.

You said: "To integrate one MUST take ownership of a piece of the rock called America.  This means you go to, you create value, you participate in society." 

I agree with most of what you said, but not this.  When you integrate into an established society, you have to accept the values that are already there.  Too many arrive in this country, legally and illegally, with the intent to change our values.  Muslims want to establish Sharia Law and Hispanics wanting to stage thingy fights are just two examples. 

I lived in Gainesville, GA for a while.  I was surprised to see that there were two cab companies.  One would pick up anyone, and the other was only for Hispanics.  The Hispanics had their own soccer league, and there were Hispanic only stores.

No left turn on Red, White and Blue!!!

Once a Marine, always a Marine!!!

IP Logged

17Oaks
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 10/19/19 at 12:30:35
Print Post  
Marine 13 wrote on 10/19/19 at 12:24:51:
I have to disagree with the highlighted statement.  All we have done is changed one brand of "institutionalized racism" for another.  We no longer have separate lunch counters, separate rest rooms, and separate drinking fountains.  Instead we have Affirmative Action colleges using race as a determining factor for entry, and an EEOC tailored to give minors an advantage over whites.  That is every bit "institutionalized racism" as Jim Crow Laws. 

I think both of you are correct in your individual paradigm...and I fully concur.

Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...any questions?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Diversity and the road it leads us down

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias