Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Chicago teachers strike
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Chicago teachers strike (Read 1,795 times)
Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Chicago teachers strike
10/17/19 at 03:01:39
Print Post  
Here we go again on this merry-go-round.

What tweaked me about the story was that they would keep the schools open so KIDS COULD GET SOMETHING TO EAT.  And that they would have a place to go.  I am NOT for any child going hungry.  However, those that "qualify" for "free" school food are usually also getting food stamps.  So no excuse for not feeding them.  Last I checked, schools are not responsible for child care either.

I guess they need a lot more money because they have to have pregnancy care, child care, and all sorts of social services.  I graduated a Chicago Public School in a class of 700 with ONE pregnancy.  The issues are not money, they are social.  Maybe class size is relevant.  I am so sick of hearing about my home town like this.

https://apnews.com/fe67b0cad7a94047a50c4bc21d9b82d1

Lily003   Huh

IP Logged

Nox
CF Vice Presidents Club

Old and Grumpy

Re: Chicago teachers strike
Reply #1 - 10/17/19 at 03:05:51
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 10/17/19 at 03:01:39:
Here we go again on this merry-go-round.

What tweaked me about the story was that they would keep the schools open so KIDS COULD GET SOMETHING TO EAT.  And that they would have a place to go.  I am NOT for any child going hungry.  However, those that "qualify" for "free" school food are usually also getting food stamps.  So no excuse for not feeding them.  Last I checked, schools are not responsible for child care either.

I guess they need a lot more money because they have to have pregnancy care, child care, and all sorts of social services.  I graduated a Chicago Public School in a class of 700 with ONE pregnancy.  The issues are not money, they are social.  Maybe class size is relevant.  I am so sick of hearing about my home town like this.

https://apnews.com/fe67b0cad7a94047a50c4bc21d9b82d1

Lily003   Huh

We are both of the same generation.  My class had two … but it was only after the diploma's were in hand did the word come out.  Same with you?

IP Logged

LEPhunt
CF Presidents Club

Oderint dum metuant

Reply #2 - 10/17/19 at 05:53:16
Print Post  
Be interesting to see how many Mispelled Strike Signs are there !

IP Logged

Gabriele
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 10/17/19 at 07:36:33
Print Post  
I don't think teachers should be allowed to strike. They have all summer to work this crap out. They want to shorten instructional time by 30 minutes in the morning. Why? These kids need all the instructional time they can get.

IP Logged

Nox
CF Vice Presidents Club

Old and Grumpy

Reply #4 - 10/17/19 at 08:40:12
Print Post  
Gabriele wrote on 10/17/19 at 07:36:33:
I don't think teachers should be allowed to strike. They have all summer to work this crap out. They want to shorten instructional time by 30 minutes in the morning. Why? These kids need all the instructional time they can get.

Instruction does not equate to learning.  Learning is something you WANT to do.  The question is … how much WANT do the chickago thugs have?

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 10/17/19 at 22:49:25
Print Post  
Nox wrote on 10/17/19 at 08:40:12:
Instruction does not equate to learning.  Learning is something you WANT to do.  The question is … how much WANT do the chickago thugs have?

If kids don't have back up support and pushing at home, a lot of them don't make the attempt.

I spent most every school night working with my daughter due to issues at school.  If education isn't a priority with "parents," it probably won't be to the kids.

Lily003    Huh

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 10/17/19 at 22:53:32
Print Post  
Gabriele wrote on 10/17/19 at 07:36:33:

The timing is INTENTIONAL.  They just get the school year started, and then they strike.  It is all about interrupting the school year.

I suppose they want more "preparation" time.  I admire teaching as a profession, but they get a LOT of time off compared to other professions.  Yes, the kids need the time.

The mayor has stated their demands would cost over $2 billion dollars.  She says they do NOT have the money.  I know this is not a lie, because the whole city and state is in a financial MESS due to liberal spending, etc.

Lily003   Angry

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 10/17/19 at 22:55:12
Print Post  
Nox wrote on 10/17/19 at 03:05:51:
We are both of the same generation.  My class had two … but it was only after the diploma's were in hand did the word come out.  Same with you?

I can't remember.  But the one I found out about was around graduation.  She was pregnant with twins and then married the father.  Even with a few more if we didn't know wouldn't come close to today.  And this was in Chicago.

Lily003   Huh

IP Logged

TiredRetired
Senior CF Member

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Reply #8 - 10/17/19 at 23:08:34
Print Post  
Teachers Unions and Pension Funds are destroying the taxpayer.  Do away with the unions and bring those pension funds back down to earth. 

I went to an all male private military school.  No issues with pregnancy on that end.    Grin Grin Grin

USS Independence, USS Enterprise, NTC Great Lakes.  Royal Order of the Bluenose, Royal Order of the Rock, Shellback. Surface Warfare. "... And any man who may be asked ... what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." John F. Kennedy.   US Navy, fighting Radical Islamic Extremism since 1801.

IP Logged

Hellsbane
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #9 - 10/17/19 at 23:33:24
Print Post  
TiredRetired wrote on 10/17/19 at 23:08:34:
Teachers Unions and Pension Funds are destroying the taxpayer.  Do away with the unions and bring those pension funds back down to earth. 

I went to an all male private military school.  No issues with pregnancy on that end.    Grin Grin Grin

Public employees should not be allowed to join unions. And pension funds should be private with the employees paying into it with matching funds up to a point from the public largess.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Chicago teachers strike

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias