Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Trump Was NEVER Serious About Doral Anyway
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Trump Was NEVER Serious About Doral Anyway (Read 589 times)
NewCenturion
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Trump Was NEVER Serious About Doral Anyway
10/20/19 at 14:47:35
Print Post  
Most Republicans are breathing a sigh of relief about Trump’s decision to scuttle the 2020 G7 Summit at his Doral resort. The level of scorn and vitriol was growing to such indefensible levels, even for his most ardent rank-and-file supporters were having trouble holding the line.

The pressure on the GOP leadership to defend Trump on the Doral gambit (plus all the other scandals whizzing around the Administration) became too heavy a burden.  And we all know Republicans don’t have a strong history of standing firm when the chips are down anyway.

But this Doral fiasco was such an obviously tone-deaf idea, I’m thinking Trump had an ulterior motive from jump street.  Any nitwit with a pulse could have predicted the intense negative reaction it would generate by the media, Democrats, and Emoluments Clause vigilantes. Even Sean Hannity was scratching his head at how big of an unforced error the Doral scheme was perceived by many Americans.

In other words, the Doral deal was such an obvious bone-headed notion that it seems like a clever ploy in retrospect. New Centurion now believes Trump used that announcement to generate tons of free advertisement for Doral. 

What better way to promote Doral than to manipulate the hysterical media and Democrats into raising holy hell about Doral.  That ruse created reams of free print, TV, and internet buzz worth millions.  After hearing so much about Doral, Doral, Doral, people will certainly want to visit the place just to see what’s up. 

Trump waited just long enough for the uproar to crescendo and then pulled the plug. Clever Indeed.

New Centurion
www.NewCenturion.us

Centurion protects traditional American values, promotes sound fiscal policies & embraces the Constitution. SPQA
IP Logged

TiredRetired
Senior CF Member

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Re: Trump Was NEVER Serious About Doral Anyway
Reply #1 - 10/20/19 at 14:54:14
Print Post  
So, if the leftists are upset about having it at Doral, than maybe inner city Baltimore would be a good choice.  If Trump cannot showcase his accomplishments, than he should showcase the left's accomplishments.

USS Independence, USS Enterprise, NTC Great Lakes.  Royal Order of the Bluenose, Royal Order of the Rock, Shellback. Surface Warfare. "... And any man who may be asked ... what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." John F. Kennedy.   US Navy, fighting Radical Islamic Extremism since 1801.

IP Logged

bonnieblue
CF Presidents Club

God Bless Texas

Reply #2 - 10/20/19 at 15:03:41
Print Post  
I'm glad they're not hosting all those countries. I wouldn't want to take a chance of getting my resort filthy and "diseased" with these people......word on the street has it that the President has suggested a Motel6 somewhere in New Jersey...... Grin

IP Logged

SurroundedByLiberals
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 10/20/19 at 15:10:24
Print Post  
    My vote is for Baltimore, MD.  Let the world see what Libs have done to a once great city.

IP Logged

Ms. Daisy
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 10/20/19 at 15:16:04
Print Post  
There is no reason the summit cant be held at one of our President's villas. He is the richest man on Earth because of the quality of his hotels. If I were one of the G7 members I would be furious that the media made a stink about this.

IP Logged

bonnieblue
CF Presidents Club

God Bless Texas

Reply #5 - 10/20/19 at 15:17:36
Print Post  
SurroundedByLiberals wrote on 10/20/19 at 15:10:24:
    My vote is for Baltimore, MD.  Let the world see what Libs have done to a once great city.

That too.......I do wonder if Cummings wife will run for his seat and win? I sure would like to see the tide turn but I'm not holding my breath. She's got more baggage than the Queen of England......questionable financial dealings and I'm wondering who signed some of those supoena's that didn't match his signature as he lay dying???? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Nox
CF Vice Presidents Club

Old and Grumpy

Reply #6 - 10/20/19 at 23:32:17
Print Post  
I think he was serious and for all the stated reasons.

I wish he would have stood his ground.

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 10/21/19 at 02:48:48
Print Post  
This has bugged the heck out of me.

Joking or not, he said he would make NO profit, only charge actual costs.  I'm sure the place is worthy of this meeting.

Although I love tweaking the media, this was predictable and just not necessary.

Lily003   Huh

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Trump Was NEVER Serious About Doral Anyway

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias