Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › A Woman Called ME a LIBERAL!
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) A Woman Called ME a LIBERAL! (Read 392 times)
Kentucky_Patriot
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

A Woman Called ME a LIBERAL!
11/17/19 at 15:03:23
Print Post  
I apologize in advance for the LONG READ!

A few days ago, I walked into the lobby of a nice, reasonably priced hotel chain location in the Chicagoland area where I had rented a room for two days.  There at the front desk was this blond woman who was RANTING about something, and lambasting the staff behind the counter for their obvious unprofessionalism and lack of performing their responsibilities. She tossed out threats of a lawsuit like a parade float tosses candy to children along the parade route.

Apparently, she was angry about some friend or family member, age 80, who slipped and fell in the hotel parking lot while exiting her car.  She went on about how the hotel does not plow their parking lot or clear away the snow and the ice, and THAT IS THE ONLY REASON this person fell, and therefore the hotel is completely responsible for the entire incident and his injuries.

I noticed that the parking lot WAS plowed, and in fact the pavement in the aisles and rows where the cars would drive through was completely dry and clear.  Even the various parking spaces were clear of snow or ice, presumably because cars were PARKED in these spaces when the snow fell.   Of course, we all know how little space there is to sling a wide snow shovel around between parked cars in today’s NARROW parking spaces.  I doubt any insurance company would ask them to do that!

It is true that there were small strips of snow, and even some scattered ice patches on the pavement in between the parked cars, where one might step out of a parked car onto the pavement, but generally speaking, I thought the hotel had done a reasonable job of keeping the parking lot and the sidewalks clear of snow and ice.  This is CHICAGO, in the WINTER.  Snow and ice on the ground should NOT surprise an 80-year-old man, or this younger, angry woman.

I immediately thought about the degree of responsibility any business has, to keep their property free of obvious hazards.  For instance, there is a BIG difference between someone slipping on a puddle of soda that was JUST spilled on a grocery floor aisle BEFORE the employees were alerted to the spill, and the announcement "Clean up on aisle 8!" is made, and a puddle of soda at that location that has been there for HOURS, with footprints and cart wheel tracks extending from the spill for many feet in both directions.  A business can only be expected to exercise reasonable and prudent precautions concerning the maintenance of their property, because conditions can change quickly in any place where the (often unaccountable) public is allowed to roam freely.  Things spill.  Babies vomit.  People drop glass jars of gooey liquids and walk away, unaccountable for their actions, and too embarrassed to immediately REPORT the hazard to a store employee out of fear they may be asked to PAY for the item they dropped.  In other words, SH*T HAPPENS!

As I am a regular guest at this hotel, and I am aware of the professionalism of the staff with respect to addressing the needs of their guests, I (perhaps mistakenly) injected myself into the conversation ... 

“Excuse me for asking, but what happened?  Can I be of any assistance?”  I thought that the man had JUST fallen, and she was asking for someone to help pick him up off of the pavement.

The woman turned to me with a frothing mouth and angrily shouted, “My 80-year-old friend slipped and fell on the ice in the parking lot earlier today, and THIS HOTEL is completely responsible for it!”

I replied, “Well ma’am, first, I am sorry to hear about that, and I hope your friend was not badly injured.  However, this IS Chicago, and it IS winter, so it is not unreasonable for there to be snow and ice on the ground outside of the hotel…”

She turned on … er .. TO me and said, “He is 80 YEARS OLD!  The hotel does not plow their parking lot!”

(continued ...)

When it comes to liberals, no, we CANNOT all just get along.

IP Logged

Kentucky_Patriot
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: A Woman Called ME a LIBERAL!
Reply #1 - 11/17/19 at 15:08:47
Print Post  
I pointed to the lot through the large glass windows and said, “I am seeing a relatively dry and clear parking lot and sidewalks, but you are correct that there are small patches of snow between some of the parking spaces…”

She yelled, “It is THEIR RESPONSIBILITY to clear away ALL of the snow and ice!  He fell, because they did not do their duty!”

“Ma’am.  It is Chicago, and it is winter.  You know that despite their best efforts to clear a parking lot of snow and ice, it can snow again five minutes after they complete the job.  Rain or snow can fall, and FREEZE on the pavement.  Someone can toss a cup of coffee or a soda onto the pavement when they open their car door to exit their vehicle, and of course in these temperatures (4 degrees F) it would freeze almost instantly.  I believe the hotel has done their due diligence to keep the parking lot reasonably clear of known hazards…”

She again replied, “He is 80 YEARS OLD!”  I told her, “An 80-year-old man should have enough life experience to know that in 4 degree temperatures, the pavement might be slippery, given the current weather conditions.  You are blaming the hotel for this fall, but that ignores a certain level of personal accountability on the part of you and your friend to step cautiously on VISIBLE snow outside of the vehicle.  You are also partially to blame, for allowing an old man to step out of a vehicle unassisted. …” 

She got FUMING angry with me.  So I calmly continued … perhaps because I had concluded that this woman was a typical Chicago LIBERAL … “You are projecting your anger onto the hotel staff, because YOU are angry at yourself for not walking around the car to help your friend exit safely.  If he is 80, it is reasonable to conclude that he might be unsteady on his feet.  He did not wait for you, because he believes he can still do at 80, what he could once do alone in his younger years.  YOU did not ask him to wait for your help, so YOU are the reason he fell.”

Her face turned a shade of crimson that matched her Coral colored coat nicely.   “This conversation is OVER!  G-d damned LIBERALS!”

I was momentarily stunned into silence.  “Ma’am…  Did you just call me a ‘liberal’?”

“Well it is OBVIOUS!  You don’t think the hotel should be responsible for this!”

I said, “Since when is the expectation of personal accountability on the part of you and your elderly friend a ‘liberal’ tenet?  YOU chose to park in a spot that was lined with ice and snow!  You should know that I live in Kentucky.  I’m fairly certain that I own more guns than the entire population of Downers Grove. I am a Benefactor member of the NRA, and my friends describe me politically as ‘Slightly to the RIGHT of Genghis Khan.’  I assure you I am NOT a liberal!”

She again threatened to sue the hotel, so I made the point of telling the manager, “Call me as a witness for the defense.  I’m going outside right now to take photos of the parking lot!”

She stormed away in a huff.  I said, “Ma’am … I am glad your friend was not badly injured.  I hope you both have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and a Merry Christmas!”

IP Logged

AuntieLynn11
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 11/17/19 at 15:13:04
Print Post  
Your best bet could be "open carry."

IP Logged

mortarman
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 11/17/19 at 15:37:48
Print Post  
She was someone jus' looking to be paid. She doesn't care about grandpa. 'sides, she also strikes me as a libtard idiot since personal responsibility is not an' never has been a liberal tenet. If anything, libtards 'spect everyone else to cater to them an' their needs. To them it's always someone else's fault.

Smiley

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones I operate by myself, such as safety, magazine release, bolt or slide, optics an' trigger. Any others are unnecessary.
the outlaw mortarman

IP Logged

Gabriele
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 11/17/19 at 16:05:42
Print Post  
Why in the world didn't she just drive to the front entrance to get the old person out of the car? That's what we do for my dad. Common sense and personal responsibility are dead.

IP Logged

Kentucky_Patriot
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 11/17/19 at 16:18:15
Print Post  
mortarman wrote on 11/17/19 at 15:37:48:
'sides, she also strikes me as a libtard idiot since personal responsibility is not an' never has been a liberal tenet.

Smiley

She CLAIMED to be a CONSERVATIVE!  Grin

IP Logged

Kentucky_Patriot
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 11/17/19 at 16:19:01
Print Post  
AuntieLynn11 wrote on 11/17/19 at 15:13:04:
Your best bet could be "open carry."

In Kentucky, we have Constitutional Carry!   Grin

IP Logged

Canis Minor
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 11/17/19 at 16:22:02
Print Post  
Gabriele wrote on 11/17/19 at 16:05:42:
Why in the world didn't she just drive to the front entrance to get the old person out of the car? That's what we do for my dad. Common sense and personal responsibility are dead.

But if she did that then the older guy wouldn’t have fallen...and their plan for a suit against the hotel can’t happen!

IP Logged

Chortovka
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #8 - 11/18/19 at 00:53:23
Print Post  
Kentucky_Patriot wrote on 11/17/19 at 16:18:15:
She CLAIMED to be a CONSERVATIVE!  Grin

Oh, great.    Now we have voters who don’t even understand the difference between Liberal and Conservative.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #9 - 12/02/19 at 09:50:22
Print Post  
bump

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › A Woman Called ME a LIBERAL!

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias