Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Post counts can be transferred to new forum
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Post counts can be transferred to new forum (Read 863 times)
John
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Post counts can be transferred to new forum
01/13/20 at 14:21:13
Print Post  
I need to correct some erroneous information I previously provided.  I've built a number of forums but never dealt with people transitioning from another forum.  I should have done research instead of just assuming it could not be done.  Thanks to UCAV for recommending I double-check.

It turns out the post counts from this forum can be included in the post counts on the new site.  It is a manual process and has to be done on a user by user basis by moderators.  There is no way to sync both forums, so as long as you continue to post here, you would not want to have your count on the new forum updated.

In the meantime, recommend you remain aware of your post counts here so they can be added at some point in the future.  At that point, there will probably be a new thread created there to request your post count be updated.

The url for the new forum is

http://conservativesforum.boards.net

Two urls below will also go to the same place, and any of the 3 can be used, whatever is convenient.

http://conservativesforums.com  (no dash, forums plural)

http://conservatives-forum.com  (with dash, forum singular)

Mentioning again, the new site is available in case this site suddenly goes away, per other threads.  It is not intended to compete with this excellent forum.

IP Logged

TiredRetired
CF Vice Presidents Club

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Re: Post counts can be transferred to new forum
Reply #1 - 01/13/20 at 15:05:52
Print Post  
So John, if I have this straight, continue business as usual, posting here, posting there, or both and at some point when this site shuts down, you or someone will post a thread on the new site requesting final post counts from here.

Have I understood the procedure correctly? 

USS Independence, USS Enterprise, NTC Great Lakes.  Royal Order of the Bluenose, Royal Order of the Rock, Shellback. Surface Warfare. "... And any man who may be asked ... what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." John F. Kennedy.   US Navy, fighting Radical Islamic Extremism since 1801.

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 01/13/20 at 15:07:19
Print Post  
You got it, Tired!

"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away."
"Gun control is one shot, one kill!"

IP Logged

John
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 01/13/20 at 15:09:03
Print Post  
TiredRetired wrote on 01/13/20 at 15:05:52:
So John, if I have this straight, continue business as usual, posting here, posting there, or both and at some point when this site shuts down, you or someone will post a thread on the new site requesting final post counts from here.

Have I understood the procedure correctly? 

Yes sir, exactly.  Unless Wayne or NB have other ideas.  Since your counts here are continually changing, seems easiest if everyone keeps track of their own.  Like anything, doesn't have to be exact and no one needs to be overly compulsive about it.

IP Logged

TiredRetired
CF Vice Presidents Club

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Reply #4 - 01/13/20 at 20:27:17
Print Post  
Thank you everyone.  Wow, I figgered it out on the first go round.  There is hope for me yet.

USS Independence, USS Enterprise, NTC Great Lakes.  Royal Order of the Bluenose, Royal Order of the Rock, Shellback. Surface Warfare. "... And any man who may be asked ... what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." John F. Kennedy.   US Navy, fighting Radical Islamic Extremism since 1801.

IP Logged

John
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 01/13/20 at 20:34:49
Print Post  
TiredRetired wrote on 01/13/20 at 20:27:17:
Thank you everyone.  Wow, I figgered it out on the first go round.  There is hope for me yet. 

There's always hope! Grin

IP Logged

TiredRetired
CF Vice Presidents Club

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Reply #6 - 01/13/20 at 20:41:45
Print Post  
John wrote on 01/13/20 at 20:34:49:
There's always hope! Grin

Hope springs eternal, my friend.

IP Logged

newt2008
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - 01/13/20 at 21:30:46
Print Post  
YEAH!!!! Thanks John, UCAV, Wayne, Byrdman.....

By the way, I'm announcing now that my post count is higher than CupCakeJ's  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Ms. Borelli.

"Within the pages of the Bible are the answers to all the problems men face.
"Facts are stubborn things.
"[Conservatives] believe everyday is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe everyday is April 15th.
"We cannot play innocents abroad in a world that is not innocent.
"People who are pro abortion are already born.
"The problem with liberals is not that they are ignorant, the problem is they know so much that is not so.
Ronald Reagan

IP Logged

cj_real_american
CF Presidents Club

Smitty Kitty is my boss.

Reply #8 - 01/13/20 at 23:01:05
Print Post  
newt2008 wrote on 01/13/20 at 21:30:46:
YEAH!!!! Thanks John, UCAV, Wayne, Byrdman.....

By the way, I'm announcing now that my post count is higher than CupCakeJ's  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Ms. Borelli.

I don't even keep track of mine.  The only time I notice is when Adm. does a woo-ta-da.  Grin  Cream Puff, are you ahead of me?  Undecided   Grin Grin

IP Logged

John
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #9 - 01/13/20 at 23:20:33
Print Post  
cj_real_american wrote on 01/13/20 at 23:01:05:
I don't even keep track of mine.  The only time I notice is when Adm. does a woo-ta-da.  Grin  Cream Puff, are you ahead of me?  Undecided   Grin Grin

Not sure if this is a good idea, but we could start that thread now as long as those who put down early counts would remember to edit their post later instead of add another post to the thread.  I'm thinking that may make things too complicated.  Thoughts?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Post counts can be transferred to new forum

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias